Leading health care provider in Malta is searching for Scrub Nurse who will work alongside surgeons and other surgical staff. Candidates need to have necessary qualifications and recognised degree in nursing. Current licence as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta. The role should be carried out in professional manner and in accordance with policies and protocols.
- Properly disinfect oneself, scrub in, and dress and gown by sterile procedure
- Assist the rest of the surgical team in scrubbing in for surgery.
- Prepare the operating room by maintaining sterile procedure to set out instruments and set up other surgical equipment.
- Be able to move quickly and remain organized during complicated procedures.
- Understand the importance of time-outs and other safety checks.
- Use critical thinking skills to determine potential surgical complications and the appropriate next steps to take.
- Be familiar with all surgical instruments and be comfortable assisting with a variety of surgical procedures.
- Understand medication dosage, complications, contraindications, and interactions
- Know how to properly label medication on the surgical field
- Know when and how to perform proper surgical instrument and sponge counts to ensure patient safety.
- Collaborate with the surgical team and promote teamwork to ensure patient safety
- Recognize respiratory and cardiovascular decline and know initial steps to obtain help and to stabilize your patient.
- Considering potential complications and creating a plan of action for if the team has to take lifesaving measures
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta
- Extensive knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff at all levels of the organisation
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Basic computer skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Preference will be given to the candidates already in Malta
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.