We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager who has demonstrated through performance a thorough understanding and competence in sales and account management, in the luxury hotels/ travel segment. The successful candidate must be an entrepreneur at heart, success-driven, and determined to exceed customer expectations. The main responsibilities will include proactively identifying new potential markets and clients and grow the existing relationships to deliver the predetermined budget and contribute to the company’s revenue generation. You will join one of most renowned and innovative hotel businesses in Malta where ensuring memorable and meaningful guest experience will be key for your success and will required a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced, first-class environment.
Some of responsibilities:
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands customer base and extends global reach.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase sales of the luxury hotels segment.
- Identifying, and preparing sales proposals and contracts for clients.
- Acquire and develop new business accounts and maintain relationships with the existing ones to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Consult, tailor and sell the luxurious products of the company.
- Work with high net-worth clients providing professional and expert advice.
- Manage the sales figures and negotiate hotel contracts pertaining to the segment.
- Continuously reach and exceed sales and profit targets, to grow the business year on year and maximize sales conversions.
- Maintain well organized account documentation and reports so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Prepare and present effective proposals and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Conduct telephone prospecting and handle outside sales calls, site inspections and other related activities.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and industry meetings, locally and internationally.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of prior experience within the hospitality sector with specific focus in luxury sales of boutique accommodation
- Proven track record of success.
- Strong negotiating, business writing and presentation skills.
- Very well organized, analytical, and smart in appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and another European language.
- Detailed and up to date knowledge of the market trends, competition, and key customers.
- Understanding of the revenue management concepts and tools.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, public, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.