The Deputy Shop Manager plans, coordinates, and monitors all activities of sales workers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Guarantees the satisfaction of clients and propose corrective actions plans to improve Customer satisfaction.
- Assists the Management in the development and implementation of plans (Business operations) and objectives for the Store and the Company.
- Overseas the smooth overall running of the Shop, responsible for daily activities of the Store.
- Develops a quality relationship together with the Team Leaders, with your customers to provide everyone with the best shopping experience.
- Checks and follow-up Customer Care Service: complaints and requests in due time.
- Responsible of the general outfit of the Shop: aisles and shelves are clean and clear.
- Regarding Products: availability, prices, and labelling (clean, clear, visible), facing and cleanliness. Works in close collaboration with Team Leaders, Warehouse Manager, Visual Merchandising, Replenishment Leader, and Store.
- Follows and anticipates the seasonality of the products and the commercial operations, arranging promotional offers areas accordingly together with the Team leaders.
- Suggests areas for Improvement to your Shop Manager and Team Leaders: Upsell and Cross-sell opportunities, promotions, pricing, competitors visits. Shows interest in novelties (Technical, design …), new range, fashion.
- Suggests products to Shop Manager and Purchasing Department in order to give clients a complete assortment: what is missing in the assortment and what has to be removed too.
Compatibility with the Company’s Values
- Possess an aptitude towards creating a safe environment to himself and others
- Be able to commit and provide quality to his/her line of work
- Strive to create a customer-driven approach
- Believe that teamwork makes work more efficient and leads to better productivity
- Show respect and integrity at the workplace and able to work in a team
- Believe that continuous professional development is the key to continue growing within the Company and keen to attend training as required
- Cultivate a strong understanding of key social and environmental issues
- People management and supervisory skills to supervise a team
- Personnel management skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team to reach targets
- Organisational and planning skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commercial awareness and business skills
- The ability to build long-lasting business relationships
- The ability to understand customers’ needs
- The ability to negotiate and persuade
- A methodical approach to work, A sense of initiative, Accuracy, Assertiveness,
- Attention to detail, Business acumen, Diligence, Efficiency, Flexibility, Proactive and energetic attitude
Technical (Specific to the Job)
- Knowledge of the products being promoted
- Knowledge of competitors’ products and services
- Knowledge of consumer rights
- Knowledge of trading laws and local regulations
- Selling skills and techniques, including the ability to upsell
- Marketing skills and the ability to attract new customers
- Financial management skills
- Fluent with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- IT skills
Health & Safety
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
for candidates with fluent English and Maltese language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.