The Tower Crane Operator will possess competency in the following areas in order to perform their role in a safe, productive, and effective manner. Note that the areas listed are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by co-workers assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Operates tower crane to lift/move construction equipment and materials by quickly and repeatedly adjusting controls of the crane to exact positions
- Controls crane movement in response to hand signals or radio commands by signaler
- Ensures operating radius is always defined and in the clear
- Ensures loads are properly rigged and do not exceed load limits on tower crane
- Assists in erection, jacking and disassembling of tower crane
- Secures cab when not in use
- Fluent in English and preferably in Maltese language.
- High School diploma or equivalent; minimum of two years of (appropriate) crane operator experience
- Required appropriate Crane Operation Certification
- Required Medical Exam
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.