We are looking to hire an experienced tow truck operator to join our towing and recovery team. We will require you to operate one of our company vehicles, assisting our clients with breakdowns and accidents.
Tow truck recovery operators will assist clients when their vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident. The operators will drive to the location where the vehicle is situated, if/when possible, perform minor repairs to enable customers get back safely on the road. Where roadside repairs are not possible, the operator will then proceed to load the vehicle on tow truck and safely and diligently drive it to our repair centre or to a desired location. Tow truck operators may also be required to perform minor roadside repairs, change in tyres and batteries and jump-start cars.
To ensure success as a tow truck operator, you should have basic mechanical and auto electrical skills, be able to communicate clearly, and have completed the C1 & C1+E Licence. Ultimately, a top-class tow truck operator provides a helpful and professional service for all clients.
- Receiving communications from company dispatcher.
- Driving to the scene of a vehicle breakdown or accident.
- Interacting with the customer to find out the nature of the problem.
- Performing roadside vehicle diagnostics.
- Performing minor repairs.
- Jump-starting vehicles, changing tires and reconnecting vehicle parts.
- Suggesting a course of action.
- Loading the damaged vehicle on to the truck
- Towing the vehicle to an authorized repair centre.
- Reporting to base and completing paperwork.
Requirements and skills
- Experience with automotive maintenance and repairs.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics and electrical systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Completion of Driving Licence C1 + E or would like to commence the licence
- Good communication skills.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.