We are looking for an experienced Sushi Chef to join a restaurant team and to work on sushi and sashimi preparation. The sushi chef is responsible to prepare various kind of sushi, condiments and plating adapted to the various kinds of cuisines and themes offered within our various F&B outlets.
▪ Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi
▪ Select fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes
▪ Add additional flavours to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce,
▪ Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and
▪ To prepare food in accordance with menu recipes, quality criteria’s and quantities required.
▪ Maintain the integrity and authenticity of recipes offered at the respective restaurant/ section
▪ Source authentic ingredients and or recommend substitute ingredients, if not available on the
▪ Optimise cooking processes with attention to speed and quality.
▪ Maintain outlet safety at all times.
▪ Consistently maintain food and safety protection by ensuring that all food handling processes
are compliant with HACCP food safety guidelines, regulations and procedures.
▪ Interact with customers, communicating menu items and promoting dishes listed on menu
• 1-2 years of Experience working as a Sushi Chef, preferably in a fusion dining concept.
• Working knowledge of various dining concepts in Oriental cuisine is considered as
• Ability to prepare various types of Japanese cuisine including Sashimi, Sushi and Tempura
• Primarily works in front of guests while preparing food orders at the sushi bar whilst ensuring a
fun and engaging experience for our patrons.
• Monitors and ensures that food orders are in accordance with the company’s established levels
of cleanliness and sanitisation.
• Exceptional culinary skills.
• Creativity, innovation and presentation skills.
• Observe HACCP protocols and internal operating procedures.
• Customer centric.
• Ability to work under pressure in a popular dining venue.
• Good knowledge of English Language
Applicant should be in Malta now
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.