Our client is looking for a Sous Chef. The selected candidate will assist the Executive Chef, oversee all aspects of the kitchen operation and guide the kitchen brigade as needed.
- Coordinate functions and activities with the Food and Beverage and Events departments.
- Provide functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as assigned.
- Assist the Executive Chef in supervising the functioning of the overall kitchen employees, facilities, and costs to ensure the maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Assist the Executive Chef in controlling and analyzing the quality levels of production and presentation including the staff canteen.
- Assist the Executive Chef in controlling and analyzing the cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Establish and maintains effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationships.
- Conduct under the guidance of the Executive Chef, such functions as interviewing, hiring, performance appraisal, coaching, counseling, and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Ensure the completion of the market list in accordance with quality and quantity standards. Inspect all perishable food items received.
- Graduate courses in cooking and HACCP
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar environment
- Ability to manage and control other members of kitchen staff
- Ability to direct and plan food preparation
- Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft tools
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.