The Revenue & Systems Analyst is integral to the success of the hotel’s Commercial team. Under the general guidance of the Head of Revenue Management, this person will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of revenue data, the preparation and distribution of required reports, the management of dynamic channels and systems, and overall ensuring that the established financial goals are met.
- Accurate preparation, distribution, and analysis of daily, weekly, and monthly revenue reports. Such reports include market segmentation analysis, production reports, source contribution analysis, daily pick-up reports, etc.
- Monitor and analyse the required competitive set and industry data daily using OTA shop reports and other benchmark tools (STAR, Rev+, etc.) to proactively identify market trends, key demand dates & supply factors, and other business intelligence data which is required to implement the most optimal pricing strategy.
- Ensure correct rate and inventory management across all dynamic channels via the management of the Channel Manager.
- Perform required audits and maintenance (rate plan mappings, creation of codes/packages, configuration set-ups, etc.) on systems such as PMS, Channel Manager, RMS, CRS, Supplier extranets, etc. to ensure data, content, and information are correct.
- Review and analyse reports such as the PMS BI tool and other measurement tools ensuring data accuracy and interpretation to identify both revenue opportunities and improvements that can enhance the client experience.
- Proactively monitor room pick up, and cut-off dates and liaise with the required sales team members to re-lease rooms past their option dates and issue stop sales or black-out dates as needed.
- Carry out the required audits on the reservations function and groups function to ensure correct data and eliminate false revenues within the PMS system. Such duties include checking for duplicated reservations/ room blocks, erroneous rate errors, review of charges, review of contracts, rate configuration, F&B allowances, etc. Also place mystery calls/emails to Central Reservation Office (CRO) and Sales Team to ensure the accuracy of rate quoting, restrictions, and selling approach.
- Actively participate in weekly sales and revenue management meetings. Communicate revenue strategies and procedures to other departments as required. Represent the hotels by participating in any required functions, workshops, meetings, and show rounds.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in revenue management, or high-level reservations function, or e-commerce function, or data analytic role, or rooms revenue commercial role in a hotel or related service industry.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information and data from various sources to meet the appropriate objectives.
- Must have a good understanding of Property Management Systems, Channel Managers, CRM, Extranets, etc.
- Knowledge of systems such as Siteminder, Synxis, NewHotel, and Oracle will be considered an advantage.
- Demonstrate independent problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively identify the process improvements needed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge industry reports and KPIs.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and professional focus, high level of integrity and discretion and must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.