We are seeking a reliable and trustworthy QA Engineer to design and implement tests, debug and define corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 2 years of proven work experience as a QA engineer on a web based product, ideally built on the Microsoft stack.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Ability to design and execute test scripts based on user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Familiarity with agile development methodology and has experience working in such an environment.
- Familiarity with GIT, VSTS or Jira considered an asset.
- Experience in test automation using technologies such as Specflow, Gherkin, Selenium considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of software development in C# and use of tools such as VisualStudio, Chrome Developer Tools, Postman, Fiddler considered an asset.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent will be considered an asset.
Able and willing to learn new technologies.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.