Our client, a well known and established company in Malta is seeking to employ a Purchasing Executive for Raw Materials. To be successful in this role, you’ll need good command in English language and good computer skills (excel, word, outlook) as well as Negotiation and Analytical skills. Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position.
- To follow approved purchasing policies for all dealings with suppliers are implemented at all times.
- To assist the Purchasing & Stores Manager in the efficient running of the daily operation and administration of the Purchasing & Stores Department.
- To ensure that logistic activities are coordinated with the Shipping Officer.
- To ensure that the MRP system is kept updated with information regarding suppliers, items, prices and quantities at all times.
- To handle ordering of Raw Materials and any other materials as instructed by the Purchasing & Stores Manager.
- To recommend changes in procurement and improvements in overall operations to the Purchasing & Stores Manager.
- To generate reports for the Purchasing & Stores Manager in order to evaluate and compare on a regular basis, both sales and production trends to official budgets, and make adjustments to ordering schedules accordingly.
- To ensure that all purchase orders are issued taking into consideration available budgets and any Company cash flow constraints.
- To ensure that during order scheduling, constraints like warehouse space limitations, arrival of other deliveries and the loading of the warehouses, are taken into consideration.
- To ensure that condition of material in stock is inspected on a regular basis and to keep the Purchasing & Stores Manager updated on issues related to condition and expiry dates.
- To establish reliable supply sources and backup sources to ensure uninterrupted Sales.
- To take preventive measures to ensure on-time deliveries, and expedient action on delayed items.
- To facilitate that Incoming Inspections are performed by Store-men/QA Analysts as per Quality Plans.
- To ensure that the company’s Quality & EHS requirements are adhered to during the purchasing process.
- To facilitate a successful resolution of complaints with suppliers.
- To maintain/create vendors and stock items in SAP software updated.
- 3 years minimum experience in a procurement environment.
- A-level standard of Education.
- Good computer skills (excel, word, outlook).
- English language – mandatory.
- Excellent Communication, Negotiation and Analytical skills.
- The ability to think strategically in order to capture present market trends.
- A fast learner who can keep calm under pressure.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have previous experience in shipping & using SAP software.
Applicants MUST be in Malta now
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.