Our client is seeking to recruit a Process Leader within the Operations department. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading, coordinating and motivating a multi-skilled team of employees in their designated shift to ensure that daily operational schedules in packaging are completed according to standard operating procedures, in a timely manner and within all quality and safety standards. This will be achieved through day to day leadership of their assigned team.
- Lead, motivate and develop their team to ensure planned output requirements and quality standards are met while all Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to;
- Review team performance regularly to identify areas for improvement, and encourage progress of individual team members through performance review, and agreed personal developmental plans;
- Achieve shift KPI targets and investigate and report to management any issues that arise during the shift;
- Trouble shoot and resolve technical product and plant issues that arise during the shift;, following up with the maintenance team as and when necessary;
- Actively participate in the implementation of lean manufacturing in order to systematically eliminate all waste by implanting SS methodology, Kaizen events, etc;
- Ensure regular communication / briefing between employees and management to provide the team with the relevant information to carry out their shift to maximum effect.
- Have a leadership/ management Diploma (MQF Level 5)l employees in possession of a technical qualification and / or the wireman licence A and B will be favourably considered;
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Preferably have a 2+ years of supervisory experience in a lean manufacturing environment;
- Have working knowledge of quality systems and processes;
- Be self-motivated, possessing strong leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills, team facilitation and problem solving skills;
- Show initiative and creativity and the ability to work on a team and lead projects;
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written, possessing good analytical and presentation skills;
- Have a good analytical acumen and be able to respond to results.