The job holder supports the Plant Section Leader in the day-to-day duties of the department, ensuring that company equipment is well maintained and operates to maximum effectiveness. Consideration to resource utilization and energy efficiency are to be given. The job holder has the overall responsibility of supporting the Plant Section Leader in the day to day duties of the department and in maintaining respective equipment as scheduled.
- To attend to plant equipment breakdowns and ensure that repairs are carried out within agreed timeframes.
- To carry out specific preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- To make requests for spare parts via AMS/4U system.
- To create preventive maintenance work instructions.
- To update equipment and preventive maintenance information and records.
- To carry out any other tasks as requested by manager.
- To understand equipment and infrastructure functions, compressed air, HVAC and water circuit diagrams and drawings.
- To carry out electric preventive maintenance of Plant equipment.
- To repair Plant equipment.
- To request material for particular jobs.
- To carry out electrical installations & upgrades.
- To design and manufacture power control cabinets.
- To identify improvements in energy efficiency.
- To carry out any other tasks as requested by Plant Section Leader
- Proven work and managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills