Our client is looking for an Outlet Chef. The main responsibilities of the role include providing an efficient, high-quality and cost-effective food service, including all food production in the outlet, functions, budgets, menu development, purchasing, hygiene standards and staff supervision.
- Development of labour and food budgets for the outlet.
- Schedule the work of the chefs and all other kitchen employees and ensure the production is technically correct and within the food and labor budget.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity.
- Ensure that all the staff is constantly trained to effect a good portion control and a pleasing presentation of dishes.
- Ensure that all staff is dressed correctly to satisfy statutory requirements as well as enhance the image of the establishment.
- Being responsible for the HACCP for all areas within the kitchen and ensure they are maintained.
- Ensure that all menus are constantly updated when deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all menus are correctly calculated to ensure maximum gross profit.
- Propose daily/weekly specials to always provide innovative and exciting dishes.
- Prepare the necessary data for the projection of the budget and take corrective action as necessary to ensure targets are met.
- Being responsible for the wastage of food and theft from the kitchen.
- Approve all requisitions and other food supplies.
- Develop standard recipes, portion control and techniques to assure presentation and consistency.
- Ensure that the product constantly meets or exceeds the guests’ expectations.
- Communicate with the food and beverage department about food production aspects for events and banqueting.
- Liaise with the management daily regarding special requirements, VIPs functions and others.
- Assist in conjunction with the food and beverage department in maintaining high level of service principles in accordance to the standards of the establishment.
- Ensure that sufficient stocks of all materials are being kept and stored under the correct conditions.
- Ensure that all statutory hygiene requirements are diligently followed.
- Ensure that maintenance problems are promptly reported.
- Ensure that attendance registers are kept daily and that any absenteeism is reported to management without delay.
- Compile rosters and weekly timesheets in accordance with the HR procedures.
- Delegate workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve the flow of production.
- Perform any duties as may arise, related to operations requirements, as instructed by the Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager and/or the General Manager.
- A team player who takes initiative and decisions when not supervised
- A good standard of education
- Fluency in English
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends
- Proved track record in leading a team
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English and Maltese language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.