The job holder is responsible to repair, maintain and service moulds for the production departments. Alternative he is working in the new mould section creating moulds according to designs supplied.
- Manual work on plastic injection moulds and or
- CAD/CAM programming, machining of Electrodes, CNC-Milling, Lathe turning, Spark & Wire erosion and manual milling / drilling.
- Evaluate faults and correct accordingly.
- To ensure that machines and/or equipment function in a specific department or section.
- To conform to quality standards.
- Ensures that the workplace, machinery, tools and equipment within the department are maintained clean and organized.
- Performs duties in compliance with H&S regulations and makes use of any protective clothing or equipment provided at all times.
- Performs any other duties related to the department from time to time.
- A relevant technical certification at minimum MQF Level. (Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Tool & Die Making)
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Have a thorough knowledge of plastic injection moulds.
- Have a sound knowledge of machining applications such as milling, drilling, bench fitting and surface grinding.
- Have basic knowledge in CNC machining.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be able to work in a team and lead a number of employees as required.
- Have good problem solving skills and able to make quick decisions.
- Have good organizational and communication skills.