Leading health care provider in Malta is searching for a number of Medical Staff for various Medical nurse positions. Candidates need to have necessary qualifications and recognised degree in nursing. Current licence as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta.
Medical Nurse care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. Nurses deliver individualised care to patients utilising the nursing processes of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established nursing practice, ethics and Employer Policies.
- Provide bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
• Consult and coordinate with the health care team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
• Assess, implement, plan and evaluate nursing care plans by working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
• Record and maintain accurate and complete health care records including vital signs and medical information.
• Monitor, report and record symptoms or changes in the patients’ condition.
• Prepare and administer medications as prescribed and record all entries of medication administration accurately.
• Report any suspected adverse drug reaction immediately to the medical team and pharmacist.
• Initiate and provide education accordingly to patients and relatives on how to manage their illness/surgery and emphasising on home care needs.
• Accompany specialists during ward rounds and ensure that changes in patient care are communicated to colleagues.
• Respond immediately to life-saving/emergency care situations.
• Actively lead and participate in the discharge planning process.
• Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families.
- Recognised degree in nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta
- Extensive knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff at all levels of the organisation
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Basic computer skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Preference will be given to the candidates already in Malta
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.