A vacancy has arisen for the post of Technician within a Manufacturing company. Reporting to the Engineer and the Process Manager, the selected candidate is responsible to carry out, to the highest established standards, technical work required within the production area and support process and facility operations by complying with Franchise and Lean Management requirements.
- Perform planned maintenance on any type of plant and machinery in line with established quality and efficiency standards;
- Perform overhaul tasks of electrical/electronic, mechanical and pneumatic nature according to legislation and workmanship standards;
- Work on multiple manufacturing projects as required and planned;
- Diagnose faults through use of lean methodology by making use of instruction manuals, circuit diagrams and test gear equipment;
- Operate plant machinery to monitor their working conditions and reliability, carry out inspections determining level of repair/ maintenance/ overhaul required;
- Establish methods of testing and inspection on plant, machinery and product output;
- Seek and propose continuous improvement in machine functionality;
- Maintain highest level of safety, housekeeping, quality and accurate records at all times.
- As a minimum, have an MQF Level 4/5 qualification in Manufacturing/ Engineering, coupled with relevant industry experience;
- Possess good problem-solving skills;
- Be ICT literate;
- Be prepared to work on a 24-hour shift roster.
- Previous experience in Industrial Automation will be considered an asset.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language