Our client, leading construction firm, is looking for an experienced HR professional who is passionate about the construction industry, has a knack for building high-performing teams and is looking to make a significant impact on a thriving construction company.
As HR Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving strategy and creating a positive work environment. Will have the opportunity to work closely with a diverse and talented team of construction professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement.
- Assist in the recruitment process and update job descriptions as necessary.
- Assist in the development of the department’s goals, business plan, and budget.
- Draft contracts and ensure that probation and work permit periods are monitored and carried out accordingly.
- Maintain up-to-date employee employment, compensation and benefit, career development, and employee relations records.
- Ensure that leave, sickness, and other time and attendance-related information are properly recorded, and irregularities brought to the attention of the appropriate management.
- Plan and conduct new employee induction sessions.
- Ensure all incidents and accidents are always logged in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of improved methods of work and better utilization of staff in all areas.
- Provide advice and guidance to employees and the management team on HR-related matters, as well as deal with problems in a professional and confidential manner.
- Create and implement HR policies and procedures in line with the current legislation, as well as revise respective official company documentation to reflect changes in legislation and/or internal practices as appropriate.
- Maintain effective communication at all levels with management and staff regarding employer-employee relations, employee activities, and company policies and procedures through the use of internal communication channels, including regular on-site presence at the various construction sites.
- Identify reasons for staff turnover and potential areas of staff discontent and implement preventative measures with the help of the management teams.
- Actively participate in training and development programs to keep abreast with HR trends and practices, including statutory Health & Safety standards, within the Construction industry and maximize opportunities for self-development.
- Perform any further duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of HR experience, preferably in the Construction industry
- Strong knowledge of Maltese Legislation and Employment Law, including Health & Safety standards, in relation to the Construction industry
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Maltese
- Knowledge of HRM Systems and HR Metrics
- Confident, approachable, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines