Unique offer – Food & Accommodation included. We are looking for an experienced Housekeeper to join existing team. Direct and control housekeeping operations and staff of the housekeeping department.
Co-ordinates between housekeeping crews to inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met.
Manages many priorities and demands and is able to solve problems, support staff, as well as perform the duties of a housekeeper when required.
- Adhere to all property specific brand standards.
- Establish and/or implement operating procedures and standards.
- Schedule housekeeping staff in accordance with occupancy forecasts.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crew.
- Coordinate inspection or inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas, and for reporting to the maintenance department any deficiency in any room or public area, and all out of order equipment.
- Personally checks all guest rooms after they have been cleaned daily.
- Inspect rooms and public area for cleanliness and adherence to Vision/Brand Standards.
- Controls all linen and uniforms. Takes monthly inventories of all linen. Orders required linen and supplies when necessary with the approval of General Manager.
- Knowledge of other departments, willingness to help – a team player.
- Act a liaison between front desk and housekeeping, and maintenance and housekeeping.
- Handles guest questions and comments in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Reward, discipline, and evaluate staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and attractive work area, uniforms, employees, and person.
- Apply human resource management skills, such as hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating performance.
- Must perform any other required duties as requested by the General Manager/Managing Director to aid in better operation of the hotel, restaurant, lounge, and service to the guests.
Keep confidential the business functions of the company including, but not limited to, financial status, customer/guest information, employee issues, etc
- Proven working experience as a housekeeper
- Knowledge of various cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Integrity and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of English Language
Applicant MUST be in Malta now
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.