Our clients are looking for a Head of Procurement to join their team. This position is under the general guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance, and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
- To negotiate with suppliers best deals on items to purchase for the hotels and when necessary, on similar items, for the group.
- To direct and monitor the Hotels Purchasing Managers in their work.
- To continuously seek most competitive prices on the market and share information between all purchasing managers who can benefit for their unit.
- To compare purchase prices regularly with price lists in the government gazette and price levels of other suppliers.
- To follow all purchasing procedures i.e. order all items against written purchase requests from the department head concerned.
- To order all items against written purchase requests from the department head concerned.
- To order against definite specifications on quality, weight, etc… And ensure that these specifications conform to the Hotels’ standards.
- To ensure that adequate stocks are kept as per the established hotel par stock levels.
- To be involved in stock takings of all items periodically.
- Leads by example and stresses attention to detail and efficient service.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a related job.
- Working in a similar hospitality environment will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Materials Control will also be an asset.
- Negotiation purchasing skills.
- Knowledge and affiliation with industry suppliers.
- On the ball with market prices of daily food and beverage items.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.