Head of Marketing & Ecommerce is someone who’s motivated by intrinsic & extrinsic factors, sales & likes bringing new ideas & projects to life! We’re after a passionate individual with excellent communication skills, who can piece together all the elements to create & maintain a superb digital experience together with developing & coordinating advertising strategies and campaigns & determining the market for new/existing goods & services.
If you have a strong background in Marketing & Ecommerce, experience within the retail (& preferably within the Home Improvement & D.I.Y sectors) appreciate quality & customer centricity & would relish the opportunity to be a leader within a growing team.
You should act as a trusted & credible sparring partner for the company management.
- Create & execute marketing campaigns to promote a product or service through traditional marketing & digital marketing methods including pay per click, social media, email, & mobile marketing.
- Present advertising & marketing campaigns & budgets to colleagues, senior management & clients.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders including external & internal clients, media, suppliers, printers, designers and web developers, sponsorship partners & more.
- Manage advertising & marketing budgets.
- Manage brand identity.
- Source advertising opportunities, book traditional adverts in the press, radio or TV, & online adverts.
- Manage the production of marketing material including brochures, posters, online newsletters, videos, online or print adverts.
- Identify potential markets.
- Conduct market research & monitor competitor activity.
- Write and edit content for print material (e.g. adverts, brochures, flyers, press releases) & multiple online platforms.
- Monitor online campaigns, access analytics and compile reports.
- Organize promotions & events for clients and the media.
- Optimize copy & landing pages for search engine marketing.
E COMMERCE DUTIES
- Offer your expertise in the creation of the project including setting up & management of timelines, implementing procedural policies to standardise information, & coordinating with all departments involved to ensure smooth running of e commerce operations
- Research keywords to determine best descriptions to be used & create templates for uploading data
- Identify operational procedures that might hinder project progress & offer recommendations
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that new product information (descriptions, images, features, data sheets) is entered into the system as per templates & policies, stocks are up to date, deliveries on schedule & customer requests are tended to, etc
- Manage synergy between store & online operational teams
- Oversee customer service across all digital channels, ensuring fast response time & the best possible service for our digital customers
- Identify gaps & areas of improvements within the ecommerce operation, making suitable recommendations for progress
- Constantly on the lookout for new trends & ways of improving customer service, website & offerings with resources at your disposal
- Help in establishing digital yearly sales target
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
- A recognised qualification through a fulltime study programme related to commerce, marketing, communications & media studies. Additional background in business and management would be appreciated.
- An MQF level 6 qualification in a related field would be considered a plus
- Experience within the retail (& preferably within the Home Improvement & D.I.Y. sectors)
- Previous experience in e-commerce, knowledge of Google tools & ERP implementation and integration processes – would be considered an asset
- A valid driving license may be required for such a role.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- The Marketing & e- commerce Lead is expected to have:
- Commercial and business awareness & budget management skills
- Knowledge of different media channels & how they operate e.g. TV, radio, press and internet.
- Proficiency in digital media (social media marketing, content management systems, email marketing builders & bulk senders)
- Basic analytical skills to analyse online analytic tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and others
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), especially in relation to content marketing
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Design skills & knowledge of design tools like Photoshop and InDesign (where applicable)
- Great organization skills with proven ability to manage projects, adhering to short & long-term goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and preferably Maltese)
- Passion for Home Improvement Ability to anticipate customer needs & fulfil these through various tools, Ability to match the perfect product with customers’ needs & to offer alternatives if particular products are not available. A passion for quality and excellence in service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES& ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage both departments
- Control cost and budgets
- Manage & mentor personnel
- Achieve sales targets & rest of the KPI-s and plans for the year
- Increase brand awareness and market share
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work in an office environment. Additionally, it may be required to work outside the office which may involve visiting clients at their premises and meeting with suppliers, at the shop or stores. This role is on a full-time basis and working hours usually involve normal office hours. However, evening and weekend work may be expected when the role may require which might involve organising, attending events, when tight marketing campaign or busy days for e-commerce etc.
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to motivate a team to achieve targets and objectives
- Willingness to collaborate with all departments
- Positive attitude, problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hectic environment
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.