We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organized and results-driven general manager to direct and manage our organization’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties for the general manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. The General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organization’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing daily business operations.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Training low-level managers and staff.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue.
- Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
- Determine staffing requirements and ensure that company positions are filled promptly.
- Evaluating current business processes and systems
- Defining long-term strategic goals and developing clear plans to implement them.
- Developing and maintaining budgets. This can include budgets for individual departments or overall areas of the organisation.
- Applying strategic planning to determine company, department or unit objectives
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Analyzing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Strategically planning, identifying, nurturing and acquiring new clients and opportunities.
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Reviewing data (financial, sales and activity reports) to ascertain levels of profitability and suggesting potential improvements.
- Supervising departmental heads. This often includes areas such as hiring, training and managing the performance of each employee
- Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
- Planning, coordinating and managing all business operations to achieve corporate
- Managing contract creation, execution and analysis to maximize operational and financial performance, while reducing financial risk
- Overseeing the process of tenders from initial stage up to submission.
- Approving spending for relevant departments based on data and critical thinking.
- A degree or relevant experience. This depends on the role and the organisation. Some organisations insist on degree-level education while others are happy to recruit individuals based on levels of experience.
- The ability to delegate responsibilities to appropriate people within the organisation.
- The ability to coordinate duties within an organisation or within individual departments.
- Proven ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Experience of coaching individual employees and encouraging coaching within an organisation.
- Highly developed decision-making skills.
- Experience of managing quality of service. This includes experience of working to improve customer service and an understanding of the customer experience.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of managing performance within an organisation.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work with people in a constructive manner.
Meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a fast paced / high-pressure environment.
for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.