Reporting to the Front Office Manager, this position’s primary responsibility is that of ensuring the efficient day to day running of the Front Desk, through good customer care practices, excellent communication skills and responsibility in dealing with cash. The Front Desk Agent is primarily responsible for the daily activities of the Front Desk including the adherence of the full SOPs set, with the aim of meeting and exceeding organizational goals. The schedule is based on a roster schedule and includes working night shifts.
- To provide and excel in customer care, provide accurate information to all guests and promote the Hotel’s services and products;
- Interacts positively with the rest of the team and liaises directly with the line manager.
- The efficient standard Front Desk procedures, such as Check-in/out, Telephone & Email operations, Billing & Cashiering, Night Auditing, inputting of data and basic clerical and organizational tasks.
- Maintains a confident and mature approach, while practicing tact and diplomacy;
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as determined by both the line manager and organisational needs, while providing an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching.
- Any other task commensurate to the role.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a comparable front office management role.
- Demonstrated leadership, team motivation, and guidance skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Comprehensive understanding of front office operations and reservation systems.
- Keen attention to detail with adept multitasking skills.
- Proficient in pertinent computer applications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment