We are looking for an ambitious Food & Beverage Supervisor for a renowned restaurant in Malta. To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
- To be in control and aware at all times of beverage costs percentages.
- To assist with the preparation of budgets and aim to achieve the budgeted gross profit.
- To assist with the management of the department’s payroll, staff rotation and the restaurant cleaning schedule.
- To provide training and development for department staff in restaurant procedures.
- To provide and record a program of basic training for all new members of staff and to communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis.
- To ensure the restaurant is run in the same professional manner when the F&B Manager is not on duty.
- To ensure effective daily communication with relevant departments.
- To lease with the F&B Manager and implement new menus.
- To ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to, and to ensure that all employees are trained to uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- To comply with all Hotel/Restaurant policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed and that the kitchen comply with these requirements.
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the guests and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job, the restaurant and the hotel.
- Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow employees.
- Must have a good self-image and be able to command the respect of the employees.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
Applicants should hold a valid Food Handling Licence coupled with at least 2 years’ in a Supervisory role or a similar environment, be computer literate and have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English The ideal candidate should possess a thorough knowledge of food & beverage outlet operations including supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction. S/he should be able to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure.
Applicant SHOULD be in Malta & Gozo now
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English and Maltese language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.