This senior post requires a highly motivated, meticulous, and responsible team player with strong leadership and goal-oriented skills to join a dynamic and challenging industry.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have experience within a hospitality/hotel environment and get involved in operational aspects of the hotels under their responsibility, inspiring staff and guiding them on best practices.
- Planning and execution of financial duties and projects of a company.
- Development of the hotels’ financial policies and procedures in line with the group standards and industry norms.
- Compile financial reports and supervise month-end processes, including the preparation of the Management Accounts, in line with the established deadlines.
- Preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts, and financial reports as required from time to time.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory returns including but not limited to VAT returns, FSS returns, Tax returns, statistical returns, and any other information of a financial nature that may be required.
- Whilst ensuring that all statutory dues are paid promptly.
- Manage the company’s cash flow in an efficient and effective manner to ensure that the company’s financial resources are utilized in the best manner possible.
- Monitor and control the hotels’ cashiering and internal control procedures to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Ensure all reconciliations are complete for all accounts.
- Ensure that inter-company reconciliations have been completed and forwarded to Head Office.
- Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking, and reports for the financial department.
- Oversee all contracts with the company regarding the financial terms and conditions. These contracts/agreements are to be properly reviewed by the Company’s legal advisor and approved by the General Manager. Hold Profit and Loss Operations Review Meetings monthly with HODs.
- Provide training to staff members regarding financial processes.
- Lead the finance department in a professional and efficient manner while motivating the team members and being responsible for their career development and training.
- Consult with the Human Resources Manager, on personnel matters and performs personnel and related functions such as hiring, evaluating, suspending, and terminating employees. Perform any other work as directed by the General Manager, Head of Finance, and CFO.
- Degree in Accountancy or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Smart, mature, and of professional disposition
- Capable to work on own initiative and flexible hours
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in accounting packages is a necessity
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Fluent in both Maltese and English language
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language