Our client is looking for an energetic person who is seeking to develop his career in a construction environment and fulfil his potential as a Cost Controller within their Contracting Unit. Reporting to the Unit Financial Controller, the successful candidate will need to have a hands-on approach while overseeing the daily function and duties of the Cost Control team.
This position within the Contracting Unit also involves the compilation and computation of analysis and performance related reports, and perform routine reconciliations within the Finance Department of the Contracting Unit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability.
- Provide critical assessment of all projects budgets and cost projections.
- Assess all projects costings and continuously update data to ensure accurate cost performance valuations.
- Develop and implement internal control procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness of all work across Departments.
- Continuously test policies and procedures to ensure adherence to and report on findings.
- Develop and propose proactive solutions and cost reduction measures in order to maximise profits.
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
The ideal candidate must possess a suitable qualification or in the final stages of acquiring one as well as a number of years’ experience in a similar position.
Experience in a manufacturing/construction environment encompassing knowledge of standard costing will be considered as an asset.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- An excellent understanding of costings
- Proficiency in Mathematics
- A methodical and meticulous approach with an aptitude for data
- Able to generate reports
- Good organizational skills
- Capable of building productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Hands on with a can-do attitude as well as creative thinking skills.
- Analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.