Our client have a long standing history in the hospitality industry. As they are growing they would like to take on board an Chef to lead the kitchen within the establishment. Candidates must be positive, dedicated, and passionate about everything they do and willing to work in a a fast-paced environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Food & Beverage standards, quality presentation, service and products, and local health and sanitation standards
- Demonstrates proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation and cost control.
- Deal with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries at the agreed quality and price.
- Ability to clearly define productivity standards with quality requirements and methods required to obtain them.
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment are working well and efficiently within legal parameters.
- Rectify arising problems and complaints.
- Applied wine and beverage knowledge.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Be a team player.
- Flexible with working hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferably have studies that are related to cuisine or the hospitality industry
- Have a minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English and Maltese language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.