Are you looking for a job that gives you the opportunity to lead a team and perfect your skills, while providing a stable income, regular shifts and excellent career prospects? As a Chef de Partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on. This is why the job is sometimes called a station chef or line cook. In large kitchens, you usually get help from a demi-chef de partie, commis or trainee chef. Chances are that you’ll be cooking fine dining or French dishes, but modern kitchens offering informal or contemporary menus generally have two or three sections, too.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Preparing meat and fish
- Assisting with the management of health and safety
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
- Managing and training any Commis Chefs
- Monitoring portion and waste control
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
- Proven working experience as a chef de partie
- Knowledge of local food standards
- Integrity and good interpersonal skills
- Experience in kitchen equipment
- Working knowledge of English Language
Applicant MUST be in Malta now
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.