Our client is looking for a skilled Carpenter who’s primarily responsible for work involving the cutting, shaping and installation of (wooden) furniture, building materials and other products.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements;
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed;
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other materials (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements;
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items;
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring that they are levelled and compatible;
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated;
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance;
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures.
- A basic understanding of English language and speech;
- The ability to read technical documents and drawings;
- Willingness and ability to follow safety guidelines at all times;
- A minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar profession;
- Is physically capable of climbing ladders, carrying at least 40 kilos and working with heavy equipment;
- Has understanding and experience with the use of basic professional equipment such as levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure;
- Has understanding and experience with the use of basic tools such as chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.