The selected candidate will fill in position of Assistant Financial Controller and help in running the department and will be primarily responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts of the Construction division
- Assist in the supervision and direction of the finance team members.
- Carry out general accounting duties including data entry.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, monthly reconciliations and other reports as directed.
- Assist in the compilation of budgets and other financial reports as may be required.
- Responsible for reviewing and checking the monthly payroll computation report
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit file and liaise with the external auditors to ensure the audit timeline is adhered to.
- Prepare VAT returns and other statutory reports as directed
- Assist in the monitoring and planning of the cash resources to ensure commitments are met when due
- Follow up work in progress with the Quantity Surveyor team
- Supervise and control the department’s activities and getting directly involved to solve any problems that may crop up.
- Look for ways on how to improve the present systems and solving any system issues that may arise from time to time.
- Seek and follow advice of superiors when this is deemed necessary, whilst liaising with superiors on matters that require guidance.
- Ascertain that all matters regarding finance remains of a confidential nature.
- Assist in the motivation of all the finance staff and to their career development and training.
- Smart, mature and of professional disposition
- Capable to work on own initiative
- Experience in accounting packages and MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is a necessity
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Fluent in both Maltese and English language
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Able to work flexible hours
- Accountancy degree/ACCA qualified (or In the process of obtaining ACCA qualification)
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language