Our client is seeking an experienced and dynamic professional to join their team as the Assistant Financial Controller. This position entails assisting the Financial Controller in Supervising the Finance Department and its functions, providing monthly and annual reporting that follows all regulatory and accounting guidelines, balance sheets and forecasts under the supervision of the Financial Controller.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including preparation of various end-of-month reports, calculation and posting of monthly accruals and prepayments adjustments, as well as reviewing nominal ledgers up to the trial balance stage
- Assist in the Cash flow management
- Applying quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Assisting in the submission of Tax, Compliance and other Returns and Questionnaires
- Assist with overseeing relationships with financial institutions, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Supporting in the preparation of a yearly budgets
- Preparing the necessary documentation for the client’s external audits and assist the Financial Controller to liaise with external auditors
- Assist in the preparation of yearly financial reporting
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency or improve internal control.
- Assist with leading and developing the finance team, providing guidance, mentoring, and performance evaluations.
- Assist the FC in the compilation of the VAT reports and Eco tax submissions
- Assist all other Management in day-to-day queries
- Provide feedback to the Financial Controller
- Work hand in hand with all other team members of the finance team including but not limited to the Purchasing Manager, Human Resources Manager and Payroll Executive
- Any other task that may arise in the running of the business that would fall under the remit of the finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (a Master’s degree and/or professional qualification such as CPA, CFA, or ACCA is preferred).
- Proven experience as an assistant financial controller or in a senior finance role. Experience within the hospitality industry will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent work ethics
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, taxation legislations and financial reporting standards.
- Knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, and analysis.
- Experience in cash flow management, cost control, and financial risk assessment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office package – important to have top notch excel skills