Our client is looking for an assistant commercial Manager to Assist the Manager in the financial management of projects, putting together offers for new work and negotiating and agreeing contracts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist the Commercial Manager in managing and overseeing all activities within the Contracting Department.
- Assist the Commercial Manager during all pre- and post-tendering processes.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in the mobilisation of contracts.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in Recruiting and hiring personnel within the Contracting Department.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in implementing commercial processes and procedures
EDUCATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Expertise in Civil Engineering and/or Quantity Surveying.
Experience in Risk Management to Procurement, Financial Reporting and managing the Supply Chain.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / QUALITIES / TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS POSITION
In this role, one is expected to have:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong client liaison skills
- Experience of construction related projects and be technically competent in all aspects of tendering process and procedures
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills and be able to work within team
- Team leadership
- Knowledge of the main forms of contract and subcontract and understand how to maximize value and minimize risk
- Experience in claims management and dispute resolution, including the Adjudication Process and be able to negotiate ‘win-win’ settlements
- Flexibility and initiative to excel
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Organisation in his work and be able to work on tight deadlines
- Possess extensive IT skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Office and Projects
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.