Our clients are looking for a Administrator – Procurement to join their team.
- Review purchase requisitions received, obtain quotations as necessary and process the requisitions within the Purchase Order System according to company regulations;
- Follow up on pending orders, negotiating terms of delivery and making special delivery arrangements where necessary while keeping departments and management informed of the delivery schedules;
- Research and select vendors, procuring materials, supplies and services cost-effectively for the required delivery within the approved price range;
- Evaluate suppliers’ performance, utilising different vendor sources to manage orders as directed;
- Establish reliable sources, backup sources to ensure uninterrupted production whilst maintaining a good working relationship with the different suppliers;
- Maintain an up-to-date purchasing filing system on pricing and suppliers to ensure immediate and accurate access to information;
- Ensure that received invoices are covered by and agree with the Purchase Orders,, identifying errors or unauthorised changes in prices and follow up with suppliers as necessary;
- Review, develop and produce required purchasing reports Liaise with shipping department to obtain the best possible shipping rates.
- Have an A level standard of education;
- Have a 3 year experience in a purchasing environment;
- Possibly are in possession of a diploma in Business Studies or equivalent;
- Be self-motivated; show initiative and capable to work independently under pressure, being loyal and practicing high ethical standards at all times;
- Possess communication and negotiating skills;
- Be ICT literate
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.