Our clients are looking for an Accounts Executive to join their growing team. The position will involve the selected candidate in all aspects and functions of the Finance Department. The role is one of assistance to the CFO and will therefore give excellent exposure to the selected candidate who is on his way to achieving the ACCA qualification. Selected candidate with get involved in raising and review of journal entries, postings, reconciliations, and assistance in the preparation of management accounts and supporting documentation, VAT return preparation, and budgets.
Some of responsibilities:
- Processing of purchasing invoices, suppliers’ payments preparations, and supplier/contractor reconciliations.
- Checking contracts, certificates, delivery notes, and purchase orders with invoices received from suppliers.
- Reconcile supplier invoices with certificates issued by QS.
- Deal with quantity surveyors and contractors to ensure that certifications are in agreement with suppliers’ invoices.
- Assist in compiling, preparing and posting the company’s rental invoices and recharges.
- Liaising with debtors/creditors via e-mail and/or telephone in relation to any issues concerning income/purchases/receipts/payments.
- Preparing and posting of all general ledger-related transactions, and other related duties in the accounts department up to the trial balance stage. Reviewing journals raised by others.
- Prepare periodical reports as requested to assist in the analysis of accounts.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, periodical intercompany reconciliations, and other reconciliations.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of periodic VAT Returns, undertake VAT Reconciliations and VAT set offs.
- Prepare VAT Exemption requests.
- Ensure that purchase invoices are compliant with VAT regulations.
- Assist CFO in the preparation of monthly group consolidated management accounts.
- Provide support during interim and final audits. Coordinate with Group’s auditors and handle auditor requests in an efficient and expeditious manner.
- Provide support during periodic interim dividend payments, final dividend payments, and bond interest payments to the public. Coordinate these payments with MSE and the bank.
- Support CFO in preparation for Board Meetings and AGMs.
- Assist CFO in Group Budget preparation.
- Provide accounting and clerical assistance.
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records in an accurate manner.
- Prepare bank deposits, transfers and payments, general ledger postings, and statements.
- Smart, mature, and of professional disposition.
- Capable to work on own initiative.
- Proficient computer literacy, experience in accounting packages and MS Office.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Fluent in both the Maltese and English languages.
- Experience in a similar position will be considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate should be mid-way through obtaining the ACCA qualification.
- The person selected needs to be a highly motivated and responsible team player.
- Goal-oriented skills, working within strict timelines.
- Have excellent organization abilities and attention to detail.
- Have a proactive attitude.
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENTS for candidates with fluent English language, meeting all the above requirements.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident and very well organized professional who portrays an image of efficiency.